Post-trial juror interviews are a valuable tool to understand what jurors thought about key argument, evidence, witnesses, and how they reached a verdict. When appropriate, insights about what took place in the deliberation room can also be used in post-trial motions.
There is no better way to uncover what happened in the deliberations than speaking directly with jurors, either over the phone or in-person.
Information gleaned from post-trial juror interviews can include:
- What information jurors found most compelling
- What outstanding questions jurors had
- Which witnesses were most helpful and why
- What themes resonated
- Who joined different factions, if the panel was split
- Whether jurors were confused, and how such problems were resolved