We broke a webinar record this quarter!
Magna aired dozens of live webinars featuring expert panelists and interesting special guests. Miss any? Click below to watch our top webinars of 2020, and see why thousands tuned in to listen!
Viability of Virtual Jury Trials
In May 2020, a Texas court held the nation’s first jury trial via Zoom.
The webinar featured Judge Emily Miskel, who presided over that case, as well as the Civil Jury Project and other expert panelists, as we explore the plausibility of virtual trials. Watch the panelists debate the pros and cons of remote trials, and explain in practical terms how these virtual proceedings have actually been carried out.
• Judge Emily Miskel, 470th District Court, Collin County, TX
• Judge Mark A. Drummond, Circuit Court Judge, 8th Judicial Circuit of Illinois (Retired); Judicial Director, Civil Jury Project
• Christine Carbo Marziotti, Senior Litigation Counsel, Phillips 66
• Jeffrey Tillotson, Esq., Founder, Tillotson Law
• Daniel Wolfe, J.D., Ph.D., Senior Director of Jury Consulting, Magna Legal Services
• Terrell W. Oxford, Esq. Partner, Susman Godfrey LLP
• Peter Hecht, Partner & Executive VP of Sales, Magna Legal Services
• Canby Wood, Esq., Business Development Manager, Magna Legal Services
Strategies for Successful Virtual Courtroom Proceedings
WAWTA’s webinar featured Judge Miskel, who presided over the nation’s first Zoom trial, as well as U.S. District Judge Paul Grimm and other experts. The panelists discussed the future of remote courtroom proceedings in a COVID-19 world and new litigation strategies, including best practices for virtual hearings, trials, and motion arguments.
Law.com covered the webinar, saying: ” Texas state court Judge Emily Miskel was the star of the 90-minute webinar… and it sounded as if virtual proceedings have become second nature for her.” Click here to view the full Law.com article.
- Judge Paul W. Grimm, United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Judge Emily Miskel, 470th District Court, Collin County, Texas
- Michelle S. Kallen, Deputy Solicitor General, Office of Attorney General of Virginia
- Katherine A. Helm, Partner, Dechert
- Sarah A. Tomkowiak, Partner, Latham & Watkins
- Sarah M. Gragert, Counsel, Latham & Watkins
- Canby Wood, Esq., Magna Legal Services; Co-Founder, Washington Area Women Trial Attorneys
- Judge Mark A. Drummond, Circuit Court Judge, 8th Judicial Circuit of Illinois (Retired); Judicial Director, Civil Jury Project
Juries in a Post-Coronavirus World: New Lawsuits, New Exposure, New Juries!
What will juries and plaintiffs’ counsel do in a post COVID-19 world?
What new lawsuits will be filed…and how will juries respond?
Hear our panelists discuss the new developments in defending Coronavirus lawsuits.
- Robert Tyson Esq., Tyson & Mendes, Partner
- Mark Calzaretta, Magna Legal Services, Executive Vice President, Litigation Consulting
- Richard Fabian, The RiverStone Group, Chief Strategy Officer
- Stefanie Milch, Hallmark Financial Services, Vice President
- Julia Macias, Sysco Corporation, Manager, Casualty Claims
- Peter Hecht, Magna Legal Services, Partner & Executive VP of Sale
COVID-19: Impact on Jury Research
Will virtual jury research replace the traditional in-person format after the COVID-19 crisis, or will we go back to business as usual?
During this webinar, panelists shared experiences with virtual jury research and will highlight the similarities and differences between online and in-person formats.
– Dr. Rachel York Colangelo, Magna Legal Services, National Managing Director, Jury Consulting
– Stefanie Milch, Hallmark Financial Services, Vice President
– Christina Perrotta, Great American Custom, Senior Claims Technical Director
– Collin Hite, Markel, Director & Associate General Counsel – Claims
– Ted Schaer, Esq., Zarwin Baum DeVito Kaplan Schaer & Toddy, Shareholder
– Peter Hecht, Magna Legal Services, Partner & Executive VP of Sales
Strategies & Tips for Taking Remote Depositions and Effectively Prepping your Witnesses
(plus, a mini Birthday celebration for Peter Hecht, featuring special guest, the “Not Real Dr. Phil”!)
Panelists covered practical tips to keep working, keep your cases moving and work creatively during the COVID-19 crisis. We shared how you can easily conduct depositions, manage exhibits and successfully prep your witnesses for their remote depositions.
Daniel Santiello deposes the “Not Real Dr. Phil” using the online deposition platform, Magna LegalVision.
- Daniel J. Santaniello, Esq. Luks, Santaniello Petrillo & Cohen, Managing Partner
- Christopher Carucci, Gallagher Bassett, Client Executive Director
- Dr. Rachel York Colangelo, Magna Legal Services, National Managing Director of Jury Consulting
- Peter Hecht, Magna Legal Services, Executive Vice President Sales
- Ross Suter, Esq., Magna Legal Services, Online Deposition, Mediation, Arbitration and Jury Research Provider
Remote Depositions during COVID-19 (Mock Depo Featuring Dr. Evil!)
Practical tips to keep cases moving and working creatively during COVID-19 crisis, featuring our special guest, the “Not Real Dr. Evil”!
Webinar features Dr. Evil getting sued by the entire world! It explains how you can easily conduct depositions, mediations and arbitrations 100% remotely.
• Robert J. Kopka, Esq., Kopka Pinkus Dolin
• Dr. Rachel York Colangelo, Magna Legal Services
• Hon. Michael R. Panter (Ret.), ADR Systems
• Ross Suter, Esq., Magna Legal Services
• Dan Brunson, Esq.,American Access Casualty Company
Nuclear Verdicts, Social Inflation & Third-Party Litigation Funding
Hear from a panel of experienced practitioners who will discuss some of the biggest threats in litigation defense as well as some strategies to reduce your risk.
• Dorina Hertner, MV Transportation, Inc., Chief Risk Officer
• Constance B. Woods, Esq., American Southern Insurance Company, Vice President – Legal
• Maxwell Brusky, JD, Gallagher Bassett, Lead Resolution Manager
• Timothy M. Fletcher, JD, CPCU, Gen Re, Vice President, Senior Emerging Issues Specialist
• Rachel York Colangelo, Ph.D., Magna Legal Services, National Director of Litigation Consulting
• Clint Cox, Esq. Cox PLLC, Managing Partner
• Peter Hecht, Magna Legal Services, Partner & Executive VP of Sales
• Denise Spencer, Magna Legal Services, Director of Business Development