Tampa CLE & Networking Reception
WHAT: 2-Part CLE/CE Seminar & Networking Reception
WHEN: January 5th, 2023 (Registration opens at 2pm, Seminar starts at 3pm)
WHERE: The Tampa EDITION, 500 Channelside Dr, Tampa, FL 33602
Join us for a 2-part CLE/CE seminar on January 5th in Tampa at the Edition Hotel in Water Street. The program is being produced by Magna Legal Services and sponsored by Hamilton, Miller & Birthisel. Seating will be limited to 45 attendees.
GUEST SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Christopher Greene, Canal Insurance Company, Chief Operations Officer
- Jerry D. Hamilton, Hamilton, Miller & Birthisel, LLP, Partner (Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney)
- Jennifer Hawkins, CoAction Specialty Insurance Group, Complex Director, Excess/Complex Claims
- Collin Hite, Markel, Director & Associate General Counsel – Claims
- Cindy Khin, Berkley Life Sciences, Life Sciences Casualty Resolution Director
- Derrick Mullen, Seneca Insurance Company, Vice President, Home Office Claims
- Erik Sikorski, Catalina U.S. Insurance Services LLC, Claims Director
- Ross Suter, Magna Legal Services, Senior Vice President Litigation Solutions
- Sonia Valdes, Medmarc, Vice President
- Chase Young, Cranmore, CEO
- And many more to be announced…
- Everest Discovery
- Hamilton, Miller & Birthisel, LLP
- Exigent Group
The seminar will feature two traditional panel discussions. Audience participation is strongly encouraged. Topics include:
Damages Anchoring: This CLE presentation discusses the proliferation of nuclear verdicts around the country, some of the psychological reasons behind such verdicts, and provides practical advice for defendants as to how to avoid being on the receiving end of a nuclear verdict. Traditional versus new and recommended defense approaches to damages will be discussed – specifically, the concept of low anchoring – supported by academic research as well as jury research case studies.
Expert Nightmares: Has a bad expert witness ever damaged your case? Share a war story or experience where your case suffered because of a less than stellar expert witness. What went wrong and why? Discuss some strategies to weed out bad experts!
A networking reception will follow immediately after the session at the hotel property. The registration fee is $195.00. We are expecting two CLE/CE credits.
January 5, 2023
Edition Hotel, Tampa, Florida