March CLE Madness 2021
Magna “Edutainment” is back! Come join us on March 18th at 1pm EST for our first ever (and hopefully last) three hour “Speed Learning” virtual CLE event, “March CLE Madness Gone Virtual”.
We will kick off with program chair, Richard Fabian, EVP, Chief Strategy Officer and General Counsel of RiverStone Group, hosting a Q&A with Robert Tyson, Esq., Managing Partner of Tyson & Mendes and Mark Calzaretta, Founding Partner and EVP of Litigation Consulting of Magna Legal Services on Nuclear Verdicts Before and After COVID-19. The topic will be discussed under the context of a case study with four micro-panels consisting of a moderator and four industry panelists being assigned a sub-topic. Groups of ten attendees will get an opportunity to rotate among two of the four panels (speed dating style), where they’ll be able to learn from each panel and contribute their own experience and knowledge. We will wrap up with a “super panel” featuring panelists and moderators from each of the groups who will summarize the discussions and findings from their panels with Richard Fabian. Immediately following the program, we will host a March Madness Q&A with former legendary NBA player, Tim Hardaway, Sr.
The 3-hour event will be held virtually this year due to COVID-19 but promises to deliver the engagement & excitement of our past in-person conferences. The event will be capped at 40 attendees and fills up quickly, so reserve your spot now! Registration is $195.00 per guest and includes CLE* filing for one state. Additional states may be added at $95.00 each.
Magna is still accepting sponsors for March CLE Madness! Contact Kristina Moukina at KMoukina@MagnaLS.com for sponsorship information (or for any questions about the event)
- Program Chair: Richard Fabian, Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer and General Counsel of RiverStone Group
- Topic: Nuclear Verdicts Before and After COVID-19: Hear from a panel of experienced practitioners who will discuss some of the biggest threats in litigation defense as well as some strategies to reduce your risk, and how COVID-19 has changed the landscape. Subtopics will address mediation tactics, reptile theory, early case intervention, COVID strategies and more…
- When: March 18th, 1pm-4pm EST CLE followed by Q&A with Tim Hardaway, Sr.
- Where: Magna (MLV) Zoom!
- Special Guest Speaker: Tim Hardaway, Sr.
- Dan Brunson, American Access Casualty Company, Chief Legal Officer
- Matthew Morrison, Amerisure, Vice President, Technical Claims & Claims Legal
- Keri Yaeger, AmeriTrust Group, Inc., Claims Attorney – Complex Claims Unit
- Christopher Greene, Canal Insurance, Senior Vice President, Chief Claims Officer & General Counsel
- Sabrina Mizrachi, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Chief Litigation Counsel
- Jennifer Wojciechowski, Community Association Underwriters, VP, Operations
- Chris Henrichsen, Discount Tire, SVP Risk Management and Litigation
- Minh Hoang Merchant, Genome Medical, General Counsel
- Stephen Dzury, IAT Insurance Group, Vice President, Casualty Claims
- Daniele Schiffman, Indo-MIM Inc., Assistant General Counsel/ Chief Compliance Officer
- Diane O’Neil, Markel, Director & Senior Counsel, Complex Claims
- Collin Hite, Markel, Director & Associate General Counsel – Claims
- Audra Dial, Mercedes-Benz USA LLC, Assistant General Counsel – Litigation
- Colleen Graham, NORCAL Group, Claims Specialist
- Larry De Respino, U-Haul International, Inc., General Counsel
- Kristina Agassi, Zeta, Vice President, Associate General Counsel
- Joe Hassinger, Esq., Galloway, Director
- Curtis Sobel, Sobel Pezner, LLC, Partner
- Thomas P. Mannion, Esq., Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP , Cleveland Managing Partner
- Byron L. Ames, Esq., Ames & Ames, LLP, Managing Partner
*Magna LS is expecting approval for up to 3 CLE credits. Based upon the format of this CLE, Magna receives CLE approval for many of the requested states after the event takes place, and therefore cannot guarantee accreditation by each jurisdiction’s governing body. Approvals are dependent on the state and the $195.00 registration fee is non-refundable.
March 18, 2021